Level 2 First Diploma in Information and Creative Technology
In this one year course, students will learn the fundamentals of ICT and Computing.
Learn about web design to create and develop your own websites. Learn coding to write your own programs and learn PC hardware and software skills to install, upgrade and build computers systems. Multimedia development will teach you to create videos and games.
These units allow students to develop their skills and prepare to move on to the Level 3 Extend Diploma in Computing course. They will be able to use the work they have created to promote their skills to potential employers.
- Gain a broad understanding of ICT and be able to study selected areas in more depth.
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding of ICT.
- Learn how to create web sites, write programs and build computers.
- Develop and create computer games along with your own video editing.
- Have an opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way.
- Follow a programme of study that enables progression to a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Computing
- Gain confidence through developing independent learning skills.
- Take part in esports events like British Esports, Insomnia etc.
- Take part in Skills Wales and World Skills competitions.
- Students will have knowledge on a wide range of aspects of the computing industry
- Students will be able to select from a range of careers including website design, coding and IT technician.
- Two GCSEs at grade C or the Level 1 Diploma in Information Technology.
Combination of external examinations and coursework.
Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Students who have successfully completed the course can progress into employment or continue onto the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Computing.