This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in electrical/electronic engineering, with a responsibility for the design, installation, commissioning and operation of engineering services.
Updated March 2019
Two A Levels (minimum grade C in maths and a science subject), BTEC Level 3 or equivalent. All students will need to attend an interview.
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David welcomes applications on the basis of prior learning, further details can be found on their website.
The first year modules are:
- electrical & electronic principles
- micros peripherals & interfaces
- dynamics, control and instrumentation
- design of electrical installations
- academic and employability skills
- electro hydraulics and pneumatics
The second year modules are:
- programmable logic controllers
- management innovation and sustainability
- electrical power
- group project
- electrical principles theory
- digital signal processing and communications
The qualification opens up career opportunities in consulting, contracting and manufacturing in both the public and private sector. Students can also progress onto the BEng at University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
UCAS course code: 2H99
Most students will pay £2,900 per year (course fees are £9000 - some of this is paid by the Welsh Government for Welsh students. For 16/17, students will need to pay or get a tuition fee loan for the first £3,900. The college is offering a £1,000 bursary towards this for full time courses starting in September 2016.)
For information on financial support, including tuition fee loans and fee grants, visit www.studentfinancewales.co.uk
We are keen to consider applications based on the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If when you apply you realise that yo