(Subject to revalidation)
This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in electrical/electronic engineering, with a responsibility for the design, installation, commissioning and operation of engineering services.
Updated September 2020
One of the following:
- Access to HE Diploma - Pass
- A Level - DD/EEE
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma - PPP
Plus a C grade in Maths and a Science subject at GCSE.
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David welcomes applications on the basis of prior learning, further details can be found on their website.
The first year modules are:
- electrical & electronic principles
- micros peripherals & interfaces
- dynamics, control and instrumentation
- design of electrical installations
- academic and employability skills
- electro hydraulics and pneumatics
The second year modules are:
- programmable logic controllers
- management innovation and sustainability
- electrical power
- group project
- electrical principles theory
- digital signal processing and communications
The qualification opens up career opportunities in consulting, contracting and manufacturing in both the public and private sector. Students can also progress onto the BEng at University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
UCAS course code: 2H99
Tuition fees for this course are £9000. The college is offering a £1000 bursary towards this for full time courses starting in September 2020.)
For information on financial support, including tuition fee loans and fee grants, visit www.studentfinancewales.co.uk
There may be additional costs associated with this course i.e:
- travel to and from college, or placement
- photocopying, stationery and equipment costs (e.g. USB sticks)
- printing and binding
- gowns for graduation ceremonies
*Please note that the tuition fees stated are for the 2020-21 academic year and are subject to increase for future years of study. Please see the university’s website for further information.