Duration Two years
This course is suitable for anyone interested in a career in electrical/electronic engineering, with a responsibility for the design, installation, commissioning and operation of engineering services.
Updated December 2022
One of the following:
- Access to HE Diploma - Pass
- A Level - DD/EEE
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma - PPP
Plus a C grade in Maths and a Science subject at GCSE.
The first year modules are:
- engineering applications and study skills
- electrical and electronic principles
- design of electrical installations
- micros peripherals and interfaces
- dynamics, control and instrumentation
The second year modules are:
- PLCs and control
- group project
- digital signal processing and communications
- management, innovation and sustainability
- electrical power
- electrical principles theory
The qualification opens up career opportunities in consulting, contracting and manufacturing in both the public and private sector. Students can also progress onto the BEng at University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
How to apply?
You will need to apply via UCAS ( UCAS code is 2H99)
Click here to apply
Accreditation of Prior learning
The University of Wales Trinity Saint David welcomes applications on the basis of prior learning, further details can be found at Academic Office | UWTSD
Tuition fees for this course are £9000. The college is offering a £1000 bursary towards this for full time courses.
For information on financial support, including tuition fee loans and fee grants, visit: www.studentfinancewales.co.uk
There may be additional costs associated with this course i.e:
- travel to and from college, or placement
- photocopying, stationery and equipment costs (e.g. USB sticks)
- printing and binding
- gowns for graduation ceremonies
*Please note that the tuition fees stated are for the 2023-24 academic year and are subject to increase for future years of study. Please see the university’s website for further information.