Highfield Award for Personal License Holders Level 2
This qualification is designed for those working in, or preparing to work in any industry that involves the retail sale of alcohol. Anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol by retail on licensed premised must hold a personal license.
Learners gaining this qualification will understand the main requirements of the Licensing Act 2003, which is the importance of promoting the licensing objective and the legal responsibilities of a personal license holder.
Topics covered includes:
- The nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal license
- The application process and legal duties when applying for a personal license
- The legal duties of a personal license holder
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- The nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
- The law in relation to premises licenses
The course will be delivered in one day, at a venue confirmed upon booking, and will be assessed through a multiple-choice examination.
If a learner has additional learning needs, we will require at least six weeks’ notice to implement the required processes.
If your booking is within this six-week period and additional support is required, please consider moving the booking to a later date or let us know at the time of booking.