There was exceptional success for our students in art, design and technology competitions at the recent Urdd Eisteddfod.
- 2D Creative under 19 - 1st Emily Arnold | 2nd Amelia Hill
- Photography Colour Print under 19 – 3rd Natasha Butchers
- Printing under 19 – 3rd Max Arnold
- Creative 3D Textiles under 19 - 1st Dilwen Pitt
- Fashion under 19 – 1st Ella Waters
- Art under 19 – 2nd Max Arnold
- Design and Technology under 19 - 1st Luke Macbride
In addition, the special Medal for Art, Design and Technology was given to Luke Macbride for submitting the best piece of work for those under 19 out of all the art, design and technology competitions in the Eisteddfod. Luke will receive his medal in a special ceremony in the pavilion at the Eisteddfod on Monday 28th May.
“Luke and Dilwen study A Level Textiles with Paige McCann Gray at our Gorseinon campus and the rest are on the Fine Art course with Gill Day-Thomas and Nigel Williams,” says the College’s Bilingualism Champion Anna Davies. “Huge thanks to these members of staff for encouraging their students to compete. We would like to say huge congratulations to all of the above students, who have succeeded in a well-respected competition.”
The Urdd Eisteddfod will be held at the Royal Welsh Showground in Builth Welsh during the May half term. All of the winners are invited to receive their medal and certificate on Saturday 2nd June.