This course involves preparation and training for the CSWIP Visual Welding Inspection course. It is designed for welders, operators, line inspectors, and foremen who carry out the visual examination of welded joints. It is also suitable for welding quality control staff and anyone who needs basic training in welding inspection alongside a qualification.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
• Identify various weld imperfections (defects)
• Understand the relevant welding technology related to visual inspection
• Understand the need for documentation in welding
• Be aware of codes and standards related to inspection requirements
• Carry out inspection of parent materials and consumables
• Carry out visual inspection of welds, report on them and assess their compliance with specified acceptance criteria
• Pass the CSWIP Visual Welding Inspector examination.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course, but it is recommended that candidates have at least 6 months’ welding-related engineering experience and 2 years’ industrial experience.
Practical biased with welding Technology knowledge
Delivery over 3 days
3.1 inspection course with TWI.
Other opportunities include ASME IX/ BSEN ISO 9606 weld Testing, work and progression on a variety of coded welding contracts and Coded Welding Testing – BS 4872.