Level 3 Children’s Care, Play, Learning and Development (Core and Practice)
THIS COURSE IS ALSO AVAILABLE AS AN ADVANCED APPRENTICESHIP
Students will study a range of Children’s Care Learning and Development related units which will extend their understanding of working in the CCLD sector. Each unit is made up of credits - at Level 3 students require 16 mandatory units which include:
- Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Peoples Settings
- Engage in personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Peoples Settings
- Promote Equality and Inclusion Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young Peoples Settings
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Promote the Support of Child and Young Person Development
- Understand how to Safeguard the Well Being of Children and Young People
- Support Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Promote Learning and Development in the Early Years
- Professional Practice in Early Years Settings
There are also a diverse range of optional units, from which units that provide a total of 16 credits are selected to reflect the student’s placement practice. These include:
- Promote Creativity and Creative Learning in Young Children
- Support Disabled Children and Young People and those with Specific Requirements
Updated April 2018
No entry requirements, however you will undertake screening as part of the interview process to check that your skills are at a suitable level for those working in this sector. Students will need a genuine interest in working in the sector and should demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm. Students need to be reliable, honest, trustworthy, well motivated and self reliant. Students should be at least 16 years of age.
This 18 months programme leads to a nationally recognised qualification. It enables you to continue to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding required of those working in this sector. This course provides the opportunity to further develop your occupational competence of working in the CCLD sector, through attendance and assessment in the work place. You can undertake this qualification as an employed member of staff in the CCLD sector or as a volunteer with an appropriate Level 2 qualification.
The course covers child development from 0-19 years, however you will need to be working with children in the childcare rather than the education Sector.
Employment opportunities include: Nursery Nurse; Nursery Assistant; Playgroup Assistant; Cylch Meithrin Assistant
Students will attend college for one session per week on a Thursday from 6pm - 9pm
The course includes compulsory work placement of a minimum of 700 hours. For learners with substantial prior experience of work in the CCLD sector, some evidence of the 700 hours can be provided from their previous supervised experience throughout the programme (minimum 20 hours per week for those not able to provide evidence of previous experience)
There is an emphasis on the development of skills with help and support available on an individual basis. Knowledge assignments are internally assessed. Occupational competence is assessed in placement by an occupationally qualified and competent assessor.
Students will be able to progress to the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Children’s Care,Learning and Development (Advanced Practice), the Foundation Degree in Early Childhood or the Foundation Degree in Education, Learning and Development
Students on this course will be charged for a DBS [previously CRB] check.
Explore this location in 3D
We currently have no available classes so please check back soon for alternative dates and times.