On this course you will learn all about woodwork hand tools and their uses. You will also learn to use woodworking tools in a safe environment.
This course is workshop based with supporting knowledge sessions. You will be required to generate evidence of achievement to meet all the assessment criteria, through continuous assessment.
Elements of the course can be delivered through the medium of Welsh.
Added December 2018
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Using a range of hand tools
- Safety precautions that should be taken when using the tools
- Maintaining a range of hand tools
- Other equipment that may be required for woodworking
- Performing checks to ensure tools are safe to use
- Using equipment to secure wood in place
- Using marking devices on wood
- Carrying out activities to use hand tools
- Using personal protective equipment
- Following safety precautions
- Keeing the work area clean and tidy
- Cleaning and returning tools and equipment after use.
Progression into an associated trade route.
You will be required to wear protective footwear for all workshop sessions.