This one-year course will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to provide basic skincare and make-up as well as basic manicure and pedicure treatments.
You will gain an insight into working with others in the sector and gain a knowledge of health, safety and hygiene requirements. Areas of study include:
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
- Providing basic manicure treatment
- Providing basic pedicure treatment
- Follow health and safety in the salon
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Create a hair and beauty image
- Salon reception duties
- Nail art application
- Skin care
- Basic make-up application
- The art of photographic make-up
- Themed face painting
Grade D in GCSE Maths and English Language or Level 1 Essential Skills Wales communication and application of number.
Interview and a genuine interest in beauty therapy.
You will also have the opportunity to learn about the creative aspects of beauty therapy.
You will also study literacy, numeracy, digital literacy and employability.
Broadway Hair and Beauty Centre, TycochCourse deliverable in Welsh: