On this course you will learn how to:
- Prepare and maintain a work area for painting and decorating
- Use tools and equipment for painting and decorating
- Maintain tools and equipment for painting and decorating
- Prepare a surface for application of materials
- Apply materials to prepared surface.
Added December 2018
There are no formal entry requirements.
- Prepare an area for decorating
- Identify items to be removed from a work area
- Apply dust sheets in a work area
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area at all times
- Use hand tools suitable for painting and decorating
- Use portable access equipment safely
- Clean tools and equipment after use
- Check tools and equipment for defects
- Store tools and equipment correctly
- Prepare a given surface to the required standard, using hand or power tools as appropriate
- Identify materials to apply to a given prepared surface
- Apply materials to the required standard to a given surface.
This course is workshop based with supporting knowledge sessions. You will be required to generate evidence of achievement to meet all the assessment criteria, through continuous assessment.
Elements of the course can be delivered through the medium of Welsh.
Progression into an associated trade route.
You will be required to wear protective footwear for all workshop sessions.
Jubilee CourtCourse deliverable in Welsh: